Master in Business Administration


In 2018 I graduated with honours the Master in Business Administration (MBA) program of the INESEM Business School and the University King Juan Carlos (Madrid, Spain). Since I took an optional course in Economics while studying Physics, I wanted to go deeper in the topic.

Some time ago I read an article that stated that suffering from anxiety or depression is six times more likely for PhD students than for the general population. As an academic myself I found this statement worrying but likely to be truth. This phenomenon might negatively affect scientific advancement and technological innovation, which would concern society as a whole. I tried to do my bit to clarify the potential causes of this mental health problems related to academics. My master thesis entitled ‘Supervisory styles and employee expectations: academia and business compared’ aimed to investigate whether leadership styles described for business are transferrable to academia and to study whether academics and businesspeople expectations’ regarding their supervisors match.  Even though more research should be done, significant differences among groups in supervisory styles and employee expectations were found. If you’d like to know more about this research do not hesitate to contact me.


Image credit: http://www.branchingpoints.com/careers-after-grad-school/commercialization/