Conference - Student’s Science Conference 2014


One of the first conferences I attended was the 12th Student’s Science Conference 2014, in Boguszów-Gorze (Poland). I had a talk about ‘Modelling of the anterior eye topography focusing on identification of the limbal region’ for which I was awarded with the Best research work of the conference in the category Bio-chem-sphere. The aim of this research was to present an accurate non-invasive automatic (non-subjective) methodology for demarcating the limbus. The limbus is the structure between the cornea (the outer lens of the eye) and the sclera (the white of the eye). Anatomically, limbus is of interest because it is a site of many different but important activities related to vision. The work I presented was especially important to me since it became one of the pillars of my PhD thesis and also my first journal publication as first author that you can check here.

Award ceremony during the closing of the 12th Student’s Science Conference