Invited talk (video)


During the last Dutch Contact Lens Congress (NCC 2016), besides having the opportunity to present my research, I was invited by the Eaglet Eye BV company (Netherlands) to give a talk in their booth to explain how their ESP (Eye Surface Profiler) works. 
The ESP is an ophthalmic device that I repeatedly used during my PhD. It is a non-contact topographer able to measure the whole anterior eye surface at once. Usually, commercial devices used to map our eyes are limited to the cornea (the front lens of our eyes) and they are unable to reach the sclera (the white of the eye). Thanks to this technology, based on Fourier profilometry, I participated in interesting projects, such as investigating the effect of contact lenses in our eyes (refs [5][8][10] in 'Publications') or better understanding the shape of our eyes (refs [2][4][6][7] in 'Publications'). If besides the video you’d like to know more, you can read our journal publication here