Marie Curie fellow

 In 2014 I moved to Wroclaw, Poland. I got awarded a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship to do my PhD in Biocybernetics and Biomedical Engineering at Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, under the supervision of Prof D Robert Iskander.

Ageye is the ITN (Initial Training Network) which gave me the chance to start my career in eye research. I spent the following 3 years studying the shape of the anterior eye. During that time, I had the chance to gain experience in data processing, data analysis and also clinical tasks. You can have a glimpse of the result here.

Besides the research tasks, adapting to a new culture, different language, worse weather conditions than what I was used to… was as challenging as rewarding. Polish people were always helpful and friendly to me. Without hesitation, being awarded this fellowship was a life-changing experience. 

                        Wroclaw cathedral in the background 2014. Logo of AGEYE project and Marie Curie program